OK, let’s cut to the chase–preventing or treating gum disease will increase your lifespan.
The Surgeon General reports that 80% of adults have some form of gum disease.
“If you are not taking care of your mouth, then you are not taking caring of your whole body and that will kill you”.
Whoever thought that brushing and flossing could save your life? Well, let’s look at the facts. Bleeding gums are infected gums. A plethora of scientific studies over the past ten years have proven that if your gums are infected, then your health is affected in the following ways:
- Heart disease is increased 200%
- Stroke is increased 300%
- Osteoporosis is increased 200%
- Respiratory infections are increased by 500%
- Diabetics with bleeding gums increase their risk of dying by 400-700%
- A recent Harvard study shows a 62% increase in pancreatic cancer if you have gum disease
- Premature birth and low birth weight babies is increased 700%
- Pregnant women with gum disease have a 1 in 7 chance that their baby will be born completely healthy and grow to a normal size
- Equally alarming are the results of new research that show the brains of Alzheimer’s patients can be infected with the same germs known to cause bleeding gums
- Even erectile dysfunction and some forms of cancer are now being linked to bleeding gums
Untreated gum disease is a major obstacle to optimal health for a large percentage of the population. Fortunately, modern dental medicine has the solution—innovative gum treatment using specialized lab testing, targeted nutritional support, ultrasonic cleaners, non-toxic anti-microbial ionized water, dental lasers and ozone therapy. These therapies have been shown to ELIMINATE gum infection and stimulate repair of the injured tissues. Treating bleeding gums in this way will lower your risk of developing heart disease, stroke, pneumonia, diabetes, some types of cancer, erectile dysfunction, low birth weight babies and possibly even Alzheimer’s.
Treating gum disease the modern way has none of the drawbacks of the older therapies — it’s comfortable, doesn’t cause gum recession and many patients find they don’t need to get numb during the therapy.
Providing the very best that modern dentistry has available and looking after your overall health is our passion at Eastin Center for Modern Dentistry. We are proud to be one of the few dental offices in the country using this ultra-modern and effective technology in our gum therapy. Using this approach we can eliminate gum infection and contribute to your overall wellness.